Are YOU Ready to Walk, Run, Ride or Roll for the Saint Elizabeth Foundation?
- When: Until December 31, 2023
- Location: Virtual Event
What’s different this year?
Due to continuing public health concerns with COVID-19, we now hold the Foundation 5K virtual walk, run, ride or roll for participants who usually supported our work through events like the Scotiabank Marathon.
Although a virtual 5K is different than an in-person event, there are a few GREAT advantages:
- Less Pressure! Are you going to attempt a couch to 5K? Amazing! We invite you to look at the Foundation 5K as an opportunity to get active, relieve some stress, and involve the whole family. The distance is just a number - we really mean that! Start with a walk. If you're feeling up to it, try a run and break up the distance. 5 - 1K runs still gets it done! Walking, biking, roller blading and pushing a stroller also count!
- No Fees! Unlike formal events, there is NO FEE to register for the Foundation 5K. Just register here for your participant account, choose the Foundation 5K as your event, and set a fundraising target. Easy!
- Friendly Competition! Can your SDC register the most participants? Raise the most money? Share the best photos? This event is designed to be fun and we want you to have fun with it! Whether you do your walk, run, ride or roll in a costume, in your backyard, at a public park or anywhere else, stop and grab some fun pictures to share with your colleagues and through the SE Bulletin and Foundation social media channels. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your photos and we'll get them out through social media and internal SE communications.
How Do I Get Started?
The process is simple:
- Register for the Walk (register here)
- Choose the Foundation 5K as your event.
- Create your participant profile – you’re able to upload a photo, tell your personal story and customize your donor page
- Ask your friends, family and colleagues to support your virtual 5K and make a donation towards our Foundation's programs and services supporting end-of-life care for people most in need.
- Complete a virtual 5K in your neighbourhood. Whether it’s on your own or with family or even your colleagues (maintaining at least 6 feet of separation), get out, get active, and help to support the Foundation!